Guide to the Style Matters Tutorial
Learn the key concepts of Style Matters in a few minutes by viewing these short video presentations by author Ron Kraybill. For more, return to this page and click on topics below as needed.
- Key details of each of the five styles of conflict shows strengths and limitations and reveals the source of power of each style.
- Guidance in Understanding Your Scores helps you recognize your areas of strength and alerts you to danger points unique to your style combination.
- The Storm Shift and Your Scores helps you assess whether and how your behaviors change under stress.
- Choosing the Right Style, guides you in when to use each style and when not to use it.
- Support Strategies shows you specific steps or responses that can be made by other around you that will help you to be at your best in conflict. Many users find this highly illuminating for situations where teams or partners want to work together to jointly improve their ability to manage conflicts constructively. You will get the greatest benefit from this section if you create your own personal MySupport page, following the instructions there.
- Principles of Wise Response to Conflict lays out the principles behind Style Matters and this tutorial, so you can easily see and evaluate the values and assumptions informing this framework.
- Anger Management provides practical suggestions on managing this unvavoidable companion in conflict.
- High Context and Low Context Cultures in Conflict reveals how cultural backgrounds cause people to bring different expectations to conflict.
- Free Web Resources on Conflict Resolution and Conflict Styles guides you to a wealth of free web resources on related topics.
- Study Guide for Discussing Conflict Styles with Others provides a rich array of options for groups small or large in reflecting on conflict styles and their own scores.