Instructions for Trainer Dashboard
The dashboard itself is visible only to viewers with Dashboard privileges.
ACCESS THE CONSULTANT DASHBOARD
Any user can see the Help page you are now reading and view a demo of the Dashboard. But to see and use the Dashboard, you must be logged in with a Consultant account configured for Dashboard use. (To buy a Dashboard account, go here ($30.45 setup, plus $6.95 per user).
After you buy the Dashboard, we need to configure your account accordingly, which may take up to a business day. We will email you when it is ready for use. To login, go to the Tools for Trainers item in the top menu on the front page of our site or click here. Login with the same login and password you used when you purchased the Dashboard.
After you log in, a Dashboard menu will appear on the left. (This is visible only after you have purchased the Consultant Dashboard and we have configured your account accordingly.)
FIRST SET UP OF USERS
You can begin registering users on the Dashboard after you have received a note from Riverhouse saying the Dashboard has been configured for you.
Make sure you have new user accounts available. To see how many user accounts are available to you, check the counter on the top right of the Dashboard. You can buy more here.
To register users. There are two ways to do this:
1) Put user names in a .csv file and upload that file to the server. See option in left menu, Import List of Users from .CSV for instructions. This is by far the fastest option if you are doing more than a few users. All you have to do is enter names and emails in correct format into an Excel file, and upload it. This is much faster than option 2 of entering each name one at a time (which requires you to bring up a new blank form, enter each name including password, Saving and then repeating). The server is unforgiving in insisting that you create the .csv file in exactly the format described, but if you get this right, you can reduce registration time by at least 50%. The server automatically assigns a password when you use this option. If you have trouble loading a .CSV file send it to us and we'll do it for you at no charge. See the note about this inImport List of Users from .CSV.
2) Register each user manually, one at a time. This is more intuitive for most users and hence faster if you are entering only a handful of names. But if you are entering dozens of names, it is worth taking a few minutes to read instructions and using option 1 above, since the manual approach involves several steps and includes creating a password for each user.
To enter users manually:
Click on “Create User” to bring up a registration form. You must enter all of the following:
- Name. Whatever you enter here will appear at the top of that user’s Score Report. Eg: if you enter “John Doe”, at top of the Score Report it will say “Report for John Doe”. Spaces between words are okay.
- Password, entered twice. Password can be any combination of six or more letters, numbers, or symbols. You can ignore notices that say you must have all of those. If you are creating several users, you can use the same password for all, but remember that some users might figure this out and be able to access the score reports of their classmates. Best practice would be diverse passwords.
Click on “Register” at the bottom to save what you have entered for a user.
CHANGE SETTINGS FOR USERS
After creating users, go to the list of them in the Dashboard by clicking "Go to Dashboard" in the Dashboard menu. The screenshot below shows the functions of the Dashboard related to users. Below the screenshot is instructions for the key settings. IMPORTANT: If you use the Global Send function, be sure to read section below "To Manage and Monitor the Dashboard", so you understand how to select multiple users properly.
Regarding "Show Report to Users? Occasionally, trainers want to hand the Score Report to their users in a workshop or private meeting rather than have users see the Score Report at time of taking the inventory. To do this, this setting should be set to No. (For most purposes, we recommend setting this on Yes and letting users see their score report immediately after taking the inventory.) You can change the whole list at once by using the global change at the top. Or you can change users one at a time. You must click on Confirm after changing the setting.
Explaination of the YES/NO settings: If under Show Report you click on Yes, your users will see a Score Report and have access to the tutorial on our site as soon as they take the inventory. If you click on No, they will instead see the screen below after they finish taking the inventory. Whether you use Yes or No on the dashboard, you will receive a copy of score reports of users as soon as they take them, sent to your email account. If you wish, you can send us a note or call with a request to switch off the automated sending of these reports to you. Or you could set up a filter in your Inbox to automatically delete them as they arrive, or to forward them to another account.
Screen as viewed by users when Dashboard is set to Show Report to User/NO. This setting sends a score report directly to the consultant and blocks user from seeing scores.
DIRECT USERS TO THE CONFLICT STYLE INVENTORY
After you have chosen and confirmed the settings you want for each user, the users whom have you have registered are now ready to access the inventory.
Edit the Registration Note. The Dashboard sends a notice of registration when you click on the button "Send Registration Note". Before using this, you must edit the text of the registration note to your requirements. In the Consultant menu to the left of the Dashboard is a button "Edit Registration Note". When you click on it, you will find an easy-to-edit page already pre-filled with suggested text. Edit this as you wish. IMPORTANT: You must only put one space between sentences. If you put two or more spaces, the site inserts the character A when you save the page, and the registration note that goes out will have strange A's scattered across the text.
Save the Registration Note. Be sure to click the button at the bottom of the page when you are finished, "Save Registration Note Edits". If you do not Save, the text will revert back to the default text.
Sending different notes to two or more different groups of people. You can easily change the note for different groups of people:
1. Edit the note as desired for the first group (and save it)
2. Register one group and click on each person's button to send the note.
3. Re-edit the note as desired for the second group (and save it).
4. Register the second group and click on each person's button to send the note.
Tip: Text you Save in the Registration Note will stay there until you change it. If you use several different notes repeatedly, you may want to keep the text of these notes in a file on your computer so you don't need to re-enter the text everytime you change notes. You can do it as follows: Click on the "show/hide" toggle on the web editor menu. This brings up the underlying html code. Use Control A to do a global select of the whole page of html code, then use Control C to copy it. Open a file in Notepad and paste the selection into a file using Control V, and save. You can then reverse the procedure in the future when you want to use that text. Ie: copy the text from the Notepad file, click on the show/hide toggle to turn on html mode on the web editor, paste the html into the page, and save the page.
Test to make sure your edits come through on the email sent. Set up a user account with an email address you have access to. You have to use a different email than the one you used in registering your Consultant account, as the site will not allow you to register the same email twice. After you've edited the Registration Note to your satisfaction, find this user account in the Dashboard and click on Send Registration Note to this user. Then go to your email account and take a look at what comes through to make sure it looks ok. We'll be glad to give you an extra user - or several - free for testing if you want.
A few Dashboard Users have difficulty with the formatting of the Registration Note. If you want, Riverhouse staff will clean up errors in formatting upon request, but allow two business days for this. If you have access to someone familiar with HTML, they can quickly fix formatting issues in a few minutes as well.
If you want to add any special instructions to your users, this email is an easy way to communicate them. For example, you might add: "When you have completed the inventory, please print out a copy to bring to class. Please also take fifteen minutes to work through the first three items in the Tutorial (see menu at top of page when you are in the inventory) before class."
When you are satisfied with the text of your Registration Note, all you need to do to send it to a user is click on the button "Send Registration Note". You can click for each user to send the note. If you are sending to a lot of users, use the multi-user function. Click on the box to left of each name and then, at the top of the Dashboard, use the multi-user Send Registration function. But be aware that when you user Global Send, the server sends only to the users on the page of the dashboard visible when you click the Send button. See the 2nd note in the "Important Notes" section above to learn how to change the number of users visible to All (in the lower right hand corner of the dashboard).
Log of Registration Notes. In the left menu of the Dashboard is a Log of Registration Notes to see a list of those users to whom you sent registration notes and when.
MANAGE AND MONITOR THE DASHBOARD
ALLOW TIME FOR TESTING
It is important to test the setup at least a day and preferably more before you send a whole group through. Give your login instructions to at least one “guinea pig” not familiar with them and ask this person to take the inventory. (This is a gratis user, so far as we are concerned; you need not count this person in the number you are paying for. If necessary, send us a note about this and we'll add the number of users you request to your Dashboard.) Chances are good you will discover something that to you seemed clear but was not to your user. We are eager to help but cannot guarantee a response to questions in less than a full working day.
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING CHANGING SETTINGS
- You must click Confirm after changing the Yes/No setting. This applies to both individual and global changes. If you do not, the new setting shows on your screen but is not in fact recorded on our site. You will know the change has taken effect when a small notice appears after you click on Confirm to let you know you have been successful in changing the setting.
- If you use Global changes you must choose how many users you want to change at once. When you use the Global Select box in the gray top at the upper left of your dashboard, only the users on the page visible at that moment will be affected. So if you want to change settings for all users in your dashboard at once, you must first change the setting on the upper right corner of the dashboard to make All users visible on one page. Just beneath the red letter text showing your user count, you will see "Number of Users per page" Choose All or however many users you want to see on each page.
Important: If you have 100 or more users in your dashboard, it takes several seconds to re-load the page after every action. If the screen goes white, it's not a malfunction, you just have to wait till this huge page loads!
If you leave the setting at 10 or 20 or 50, the dashboard will display that many users per page. A change in this setting takes place immediately, and it does not have to be Saved. You can easily change it back to previous settings. If you have a lot of users in the dashboard, on many pages, you can see the number of pages on display beneath the dashboard and you can click on those numbers to navigate to other pages.
- To change the order of the names in the list. By default, the list is ordered in the sequence names are added. But you can easily change that. Go to the top of the Name column in the dashboard. There you can choose whether you want names to be displayed alphabetically according to surnames or by date of registration. Be sure to click Confirm after you have chosen the setting you want.
TRACK YOUR ACTIVITES ON THE DASHBOARD
There is a LOG button on each user that records all communication with that particular user. There is also a Log of Registration Notes Sent in the left menu of the dashboard.
SEND ADDITIONAL COMMUNICATION TO USERS
In addition to the Registration function described above, you can easily send a communication to all your dashboard users or those you select by using the Send Note function. In the left menu, click on the Send Note menu item. Enter your text there and Save it. Then go to the Dashboard and click on the box beside those users you want to receive the note. If you want all to receive it, click on the box in the top row and it will select all. (See Important Note 2 above - it sends only to the users visible on one page, but you can change that setting on the lower right of the dashboard.) Then use the Multi-User button in the top of the Dashboard and select Send Note in the drop-down menu.
MONITOR USERS AND SEE WHO HAS TAKEN THE INVENTORY.
To see who has taken inventory. You can at any time see who has taken the inventory and who has not by going to the Consultant Dashboard. You must be logged in, of course, to be able to view your users on the Dashboard.
In the "Report Status" column, you can see at a glance who has take the inventory and on what date.
Receiving copies of score reports by email. A copy of all score reports from users in your dashboard is by default sent to you as owner of this dashboard, going to the email address you used in registering this account. If you prefer not to receive these, you can easily change this yourself. In the left menu, click on Autoforward Score Reports. There you can switch off autoforwards or add an additional email account to receive copies of score reports. This additional account may or may not be otherwise registered in the Riverhouse database.
Log of all interaction with a given user. In the Name column, there is a small "Log" button for each user. Click it to access a record of all events for that user. Events recorded include: Sending the user a Registration or special Note, Taking the inventory, Downloading the Score Report to the consultant, Sending a link to the Score Report from the dashboard to the user.
MANAGE USERS ACCOUNTS - ARCHIVE, DELETE, AND RESTORE
Users whom you Archive can be restored again to the Dashboard later by using the Restore function. Users you Delete from the Archive are permanently removed.
To Archive User:
1. Click in the box(s) to the left of the name(s) you wish to archive.
2. At the top left side of the Dashboard, under “One-Click Operation for Multiple Users,” choose “Delete” and then “Confirm.”
3. Name will be moved to the Archive but is still in the system. User cannot access their account when their name is in the Archive.
To Restore Archived User to Dashboard:
1. Click on “View/Restore Archived Names” at top right of Dashboard.
2. Click in box to the left of name you wish to restore to Dashboard.
3. At top left of Archive, chose, “Restore” and then “Confirm.”
4. Name will now be moved to Dashboard.
To Permanently Delete User:
1. Follow above steps.
2. Click on “View/Restore Archived Names” at top right of the Dashboard
3. Find the users name in the Archive.
4. Place a check in front of the name.
5. At top left of Dashboard, choose “Delete Permanently” and “Confirm.”
6. Name will be deleted from the Riverhouse ePress system.
Note: Permanently deleting the name of a person who has not taken the inventory gives you an additional user slot on your Dashboard. If you want to delete someone's account and make a new one for them, you have to both Archive and Delete Permanently that person's email from our accounts. The server will not allow two accounts to be established for the same email address.
GET HELP IN DESIGNING YOUR TRAINING WORKSHOP
Don’t miss our free Trainers Guide. Download it now from the Riverhouse online shopping page.
GIVE US FEEDBACK